As we near the hotly-anticipated start of 2011, Fandango decided to put out a call to filmgoers to see what (and who) they were most looking forward to in the New Year. Fandango has revealed the results of some of their most talked-about polls: The Most Anticipated Blockbuster of 2011, The Next Big American Movie Star in 2011 and Most Mismatched Movie Couple in 2011.
Let’s begin with the blockbusters, where both Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga were put head to head, revealing that both men and women are anticipating Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 the most out of all other movies arriving in theaters in 2011. You won’t see Breaking Dawn, Part 1anyway near the men’s list (though it is number two on the women’s list), and, surprisingly, The Hangover 2 beat out other blockbusters like Transformers: Dark of the Moonand Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on both lists. Perhaps the biggest surprise, however, is that neither Marvel movie (Thor or Captain America: The First Avenger) cracked the top five for men or women. Check out the full results below …
THE MOST ANTICIPATED BLOCKBUSTER OF 2011: MEN’S PICKS:
No surprise here.
I would think that this would be # 1 seeing as how the first one was a huge surprise hit.
Again, surprised at the low percentage. I’m looking forward to this and I think it should be # 1
Don’t really know much about this and from what I’ve seen I’m not so impressed. Just becasue it’s a great cast with a proven director doesn’t make a movie great.
Can Michael Bay make anything but loud obnoxious movies?
THE MOST ANTICIPATED BLOCKBUSTER OF 2011: WOMEN’S PICKS:
1. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS , PART 2 24%
This doesn’t surprise me at all. Think of it like this: Harry Potter on steroids. However, I don’t see anything that would make girls go ga ga over Pattinson.
3. THE HANGOVER 2 16%
4. PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES 14%
5. TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON 5%
2011’s MOST MISMATCHED MOVIE COUPLE: MEN’S PICKS
1. Seth Rogen & Cameron Diaz (THE GREEN HORNET) 24%
2. Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston (JUST GO WITH IT) 17%
Won’t be a hit but won’t be a flop only because of Sandler.
3. Nicolas Cage & Amber Heard (DRIVE ANGRY) 13%
4. Kevin James & Winona Ryder (THE DILEMMA) 12%
Could be good cause of Ron Howard. To early to say.
5. Kevin James & Rosario Dawson (ZOOKEEPER) 12%
Again, to early to say but reminds me of Dr. Dolittle
2011’S MOST MISMATCHED MOVIE COUPLE: WOMEN’S PICKS
1. Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston (JUST GO WITH IT) 24%
2. Seth Rogen & Cameron Diaz (THE GREEN HORNET) 22%
3. Kevin James & Winona Ryder (THE DILEMMA) 13%
4. Kevin James & Rosario Dawson (ZOOKEEPER) 12%
5. Vince Vaughn & Jennifer Connelly (THE DILEMMA) 9%
Finally, Fandango’s got the results of The Next Big American Movie Star in 2011 polls. Both men and women were in agreement on this one, choosing Blake Lively
(The Green Lantern)
as their number one choice. Other notable additions: Justin Bieber (Never Say Never
) made both lists (number four for men and two for women), while Jay Chou
also scored a spot with both sexes. The similarities ended there, as the men chose all men, and the women made sure to get some of their own on the list, including January Jones
(X-Men: First Class
) and Lea Michele (New Year’s Eve
). Check out the full results below.
THE NEXT BIG AMERICAN MOVIE STAR IN 2011: MEN’S PICKS
1. Blake Lively (Green Lantern) 17%
Not a proven movie star yet.
2. Tom Hardy (Tailor, Tinker, Soldier, Spy) 9%
Was great in Inception. Has some sorta role in upcoming Bat Flick.# 1 in my book
3. Chris Hemsworth (Thor) 7%
Made his debut for only 10 minutes in Star Trek. Jury’s out on Thor. I’m taking a wait and see approach with him.
4. Justin Bieber (Never Say Never) 7%
The less said about this person, the better.
5. Jay Chou (The Green Hornet) 6%
THE NEXT BIG AMERICAN MOVIE STAR IN 2011: WOMEN’S PICKS
1. Blake Lively (Green Lantern) 19%
2. Justin Bieber (Never Say Never) 12%
Girls swoon to him as if he’s a God I’m surprised he’s not # 1.
3. January Jones (X-Men: First Class) 11%
4. Lea Michele (New Year’s Eve) 6%
5. Jay Chou (The Green Hornet) 6%
So, do you guys agree with these picks/polls? Who do you choose? What do you think?